Friday, December 19, 2008

Please watch over them.

16/12/08 Tuesday

Night before, was in a rush to pack up my stuff. Stuffed everything that I thought was necessary into my handbag. Headed over to Villi's house where his dad picked us up to go to Awana at Genting. Slept in the staff quarters, was scared to sleep alone so slept in their room T_T
Woke up, got ready and raaan to the cable car, it actually stopped for awhile o.o"'. Ran to the FirstWorld Lobby and met up with the people organizing the event. They gave us the christmas hats we had to wear the whole day (((: Waited for the 10homes to arrive, especially House of Joy which would be the home me and Villi are taking care of along with another dude. Diverted traffic, smiled, gave out candy, stand stand stand, criticize, laugh, aww-ed, back pain butt pain, and finally took the kids to SnowWorld and the outdoor Theme Park. By that time that dude had to go for his other job so Agnes replaced him (I like her soo much better), she's gonna introduce me to her hot 19year old brother, woohoo! LOL. Did headcounts and made sure that none of them would wander off to the pretty lights or something. Then Agnes ajak-ed me to go inside SnowWorld with the kids, well, someone DOES have to watch over them! Freaking cold in there, my 2nd time! So after 20 or so minutes, had to leave for the ThemePark as we were rushing for time. There were some problems with the tickets which took up ALOT of playing time but everything turned out okay in the end. And at one time I had to stand in a corner with 2 HUGE bags filled with presents in FirstWorld. WHAT, you see a girl with a santa hat with bags of presents and you think I'm gonna just hand it out to you people, thus the staring? Its for the orphans you dim-wits! So after carrying the presents from FirstWorld back to one office(girl was such a bitch), ran back to the ThemePark to look after the kids, couldn't leave Agnes all alone with them! Though she IS the one that can speak chinese while me and Villi are just the freaking banana's =.= Ohmygosh I just felt soo bad, so many of the kids came up to me, held me and said something in chinese, but I couldn't FREAKING UNDERSTAND! So all I could do was smile, and if Agnes was nearby, asked her to translate.

Then there was this one little girl, found out she could speak a lil bit of English so while walking.

Did you have fun today?
No, today was a very sad day.
Whyy? You're here in Genting, you should be happy.
It's because it's my birthday today.
Happy Birthday! Aww, then why still sad? Should be happier! Get to spend your birthday in Genting!
Cause I got no presents, I want cake, I want ice-cream!
Ohhh, Okay, maybe later?

I wanted to get her an ice-cream or a small cake IMMEDIATELY, but couldn't because we were in such a rush and had only time for ONE more ride, which would be the pirate ship. So I had already planned that after the ride I would hurry up and buy her something. When we reached the ship, the little girl changed her mind about riding it! But I still had to ride it cause all the other kids were asking me to ride and seat with them. And this Agnes and Villi didn't wanna ride with them, so I had to. So after the ride finished and we were gathering all the kids, I whispered to Villi

Hey, you handle them first kay. I need to go and buy ice-cream for one little girl.
Owh, the one with the red jacket, her birthday today right? I bought for her already

o.o
=.="'''
*slaps villi left and right* !!!

seriously, hit hit slap slap ran to chase him all over the themepark.
Haih, ohwell I just hoped she had fun on her birthday :/

So after the ThemePark walked them back to the hall, carried back the presents and gave out the food and drinks. Said bye to the host and Agnes and hitched a ride with the kids on the bus since they were heading back to KL and we had to head back to Awana. Dropped us off and waved bye to all of em while they drove away. AHHHH I MISS THEM, SOO SWEET T_T

17/12/08 Wednesday

Slept like a pig and slack the whole day. Got home arnd 12am.
And Villi got to drive me all around the golf course while I cam-whored away (:
FoxtrotUniformCharlieKilo!













































































Look it turned to hot chocolate! And they gave us a bag of goodies for volunteering. A calendar, snacks and the adorable bear. His name is Giggles. Cause the bag said GRG, which I thought was GIG so the word giggles came into my mind :D

Overall, eventhough it was tiring, it was such a rewarding experience. My only regrets were that I couldn't take my camera to take pics as it would have been a burden, I don't understand chinese so it was hard comunicating, I didn't spend time with the kids more BEFORE the ThemePark and that ....... I wished I could have done MORE.
Yeah, I volunteered to help them out by carrying stuff, and making sure they're alright, guided them around and all the little things. But seriously, I SHOULD and COULD have done MORE. I wish there is more I could do, anyone that knows how I can, please do not hesitate to let me know. There's a tagbox for a reason.

0 comments: